The team spirit and motivation within my office, together with the excellent results, gives me a sense of real achievement.
What it takes
Claire Goodenough, Personnel Manager at Cubitt & West,
gives us her own personal insight on what it is like to be an
estate agent and what you can expect each day.
- Firstly being a Cubitt & West estate agent is
FUN; you are guaranteed to meet lots of different
people from all walks of life and you just never know who will walk
into the office next.
- It is also EXCITING from the buzz of the sale
to matching people to properties and there is nothing better than
being recognised for your results.
- Being a Cubitt & West estate agent is not for the faint
hearted as there is lots of HARD WORK involved,
plus you will need heaps of dedication to get the job done. You
will also need to be prepared to work long hours, evenings and
- You will need to be a CREATIVE thinker, able
to think outside of the box, in order to identify opportunities for
your clients and working with the chain to ensure sales go
- You will need a lot of EMPATHY and
understanding to help people advance their lives, whether they are
in difficult situations, or moving home for happy reasons. Tact and
diplomacy will be your everyday tools.
- DETERMINATION must be part of your character
for the days when you have to keep working away to make
- And finally, the ability to THINK ON YOUR FEET
having solutions if things go wrong, as they will from time to
time. To remain calm and unflappable in order to resolve situations
for the best possible outcome.