Junior Software Developer - Horsham
Start Date: ASAP
Salary up to £25,000 (dependent on experience)
Work Pattern: 5 days per week, Monday to Friday (9am to 6pm)
Benefits: Pension, Life Insurance, 33 days paid holiday and Company Reward Scheme
Arun Estates is always developing and improving the technology side of the business and we are looking for someone to join our very busy IT Team based in our Horsham Head Office.
This role will see you working in a small in-house development team for one of the country’s leading estate agents where you will be involved in the development of the company’s core applications, together with work on our public websites and a large application migration project.
We are looking for an enthusiastic junior developer, ideally with an interest in software usability and with over a year’s experience working in a commercial environment. Training and support will be available, but you should have a combination of the following skills and attributes:
The developer should have:
- Capable using C# and ASP.NET MVC
- Knowledge of .NET based web services
- Ability to work in a team working
- Experience writing tests and using testing frameworks
- T-SQL query writing and ideally LINQ queries via Entity Framework
- Able to write clear, clean and documented code
- Comfortable using Visual Studio, version control
- Ideally knowledge of writing unit tests and working in an Agile environment
Please note our GDPR Recruitment Privacy Notice applies to all applications
† All applications receive equal treatment regardless of sex, race, age, disability, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation. Selection for a post will be based on merit. We would like to assure you that the information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence and only used only to help us monitor appropriate equal opportunities policies. This information plays no part in our selection process.
What are we looking for?
People who are genuinely interested in starting a new career and can demonstrate...
- A desire to achieve and be rewarded
- They share our values
- An ability to learn and grow
- They are passionate about what they do
- They have pride in themselves and their work